Since picnic tables are exposed to the elements all day every day, the thermoplastic coating provides long-term weather protection.
This coating is impact resistant, and it is unlikely that you will need to repair it. However, if the finish is damaged or cut, repairs can be easily completed.
- Clean - Wipe the damaged area with a dry cloth.
- Heat Gun - Use a heat gun or propane torch to apply heat to the damaged area. Be very careful when using a propane torch.
- Melting Process - The plastic will begin to melt and smooth out into the surface. Use a toothpick to spread the plastic over the damaged area.
- Add Powder - For a larger area, order a small quantity of thermoplastic powder that matches the color of your product.
- Repair - Heat the damaged area and sprinkle the new powder onto the hot surface. Allow the powder to melt and flow into the open spots. Use a toothpick to smooth out the melted powder.
- Cool - Allow to cool, and you will be done.